Friday 21 October 2011

Exhibition news!

So, I've been very busy creating a unique piece of Artwork for the 'Inspired' 2011 Exhibition at the Stewards' Gallery within Clitheroe Castle...and as it is the preview tonight, I'd like to share my creation with you all!



'Home Time at the Bar' is centered around the North; a nice comparative piece to my earlier 'Time at the Bar' 1&2 which were London-based. Featuring solely UK-sourced beer mats, it focuses on all things Northern, specifically in the Ribble Valley where I grew up (and still live!)


Containing 12 handpainted/customised beer mats based on places memorable to me and my childhood, here are a few of my favourite.



After securing the beermats on to the canvas frame (involving some bending, lots of bottles of wine - for leverage only!, and lots of glue) I finished the piece by painting a single black line silhouette of the infamous Clitheroe Castle. I think, as with the London skyline used in my previous pieces, this creates a focus for the piece and really brings it together.

A special big thank you has to go to Dan who cleverly created the 'Ribble Valley' pint glass made of all the places in the RV, and took these stunning photographs!

'Inspired 2011' features work from 70 artists based in the Ribble Valley and East Lancashire and, if last years was anything to go buy, has a brilliant variety of work on show. It runs from October 22nd to January 15th 2012 - more details can be found here.

I'ts the Preview Night this evening and I'm really looking forward to it - I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh how fun! Great job:-)

    Pssst I am letting all of my google followers know that I changed my domain to www.stylesoftamaranicole.blogspot.com. Please update your reader if needed :-) Thanks hun!!!

    ReplyDelete


  2. We are leading exhibition stand designers and builders based in Dubai. We are involved in designing the exhibition booth and marketing display stalls for running trade fairs, marketing campaigns, promotional events, presentations in various dubai trade fairs.
    stall fabricators in dubai


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails